Monday, November 12, 2007

I am so proud of me!!!

Does anyone else have trouble finishing a book? I am so proud of myself for just finishing "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver (It was excellent, by the way...) I can finish a work of fiction no problem, but I must have a gazillion non-fiction (more Bible Study style) books started! Am I the only one with the attention span of a 4 year old, or do you
struggle with the same thing?

Other books I am in the middle of reading:
Shepherding a Child's Heart (this is acutally about my 3rd time through the book) by Ted Tripp
A Woman After God's Own Heart, A Mom after God's Own Heart, and Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George
Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow--also my second time through it, but I don't think I ever made it completely through the first time!
Twelve Extraordinary Women in the Bible by John MacArthur


I did start and finish Mardi Colliers book "What do I know about my God?" and it was amazing, too! I have been having a great time using her notebook idea to keep track of what I see about God in my quiet times of devotion. That and my ESV Brent bought for me have really made a huge difference in the quality of my time with the Lord which has in turn increased the quantity of my quality time in the Word. So wait...I take it all back...I've finished 2 books this last year...that's not so bad is it?!?

Anyone else have a good book to recommend I start reading?!? :-) I'm always a sucker for a good book to start! But hey...I did just finish two. I'm kind of inspired to finish some of these others...kind of! :-)

1 comment:

Erin Neiner said...

Debbie...I am your kind of girl!! I have about 5 books I've started and am about half way through each, but it is slow moving! I have come to realize that I am an emotional reader. I will read the type of book I am in the mood to read or I won't read at all! So I have a good fiction, Christian mothering, deep Christian growth, lighthearted fiction all going on at the same time! I celebrate with you in finishing your books! I also LOVED Mardi Colliers book and have been reconsidering reading it a 2nd time. I'll have to get back to you on the recommendations...