Saturday, May 03, 2008

I love that man!


We ran into some friends from Northland while we were in town today, and we were talking about how our husbands are both so quiet and reserved in public, but really let down at home. It got me to thinking about Brent and how much I absolutely adore him! He is so reserved and will often just sit and listen, while I tend to ramble on and throw myself "out there!" But he really listens and forms opinions and comes away from conversations with such insight, and I on the other hand leave conversations with about 12 sentences started and not a single complete thought! We truly are opposites of each other, but that's what drew me to him. He's the smart, intellectual one who analyzes every situation and comes up with really good thoughts that most people (insert "Debbie" here) would never think of in a million years. I'm so thankful I can go to him with a concern and know that he's not going to throw a knee-jerk response out that will get me in trouble. In fact, his thorough examination of the situation usually keeps me from getting in trouble. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to him and said, "Honey...I need your input..." And he's put everything in a completely different light. He always does the right thing, too...no matter how hard it is or what will come of it...no fudging on his part! And the best part of it all...he chose me! I know I've said it before, but I still marvel that he chose ME from the group of single girls at our church! There were some really good girls that were so much better than me, but he chose ME!!! I hope I never get over that fact!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marsel said...

Our husbands are incredible gifts, aren't they?!

The Horaks said...

I know exactly what you mean...and you put it so well! :)

The Horaks said...

I almost forgot that I was going to say that I just LOVE that picture of you and Brent! It's so cute! :)