Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My baby is growing up!!!












It's so hard to believe that Daniel is 7 years old! It really does seem like such a short time ago that he was toddling around our home in Chicago, but now he's begging me to change this title so he's not being called my baby anymore! It reminds me of that book "Love you Forever" It's a kids' book that talks about the little boy's mom and how much she loves him even as he grows up...It's a goofy story, but sweet and usually chokes me up! My favorite line from it is, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!" He may be 7 years old, but he still crawls into my lap from time to time (those times are getting fewer and farther between) and loves to cuddle! It's quite sobering to listen to him reason and start to use real logic in his thinking. He's getting to be very observant (just like his Daddy!) and notices so much. I'm reminded now more than ever the importance of showing him a mommy (he would prefer "Mom") who loves the Lord and wants to please Him. I know it's always been true, but I'm struck more and more each day that we're in the big leagues now...we've got a Christian Man in the works here who we are striving to train to grow into a godly man who serves Him with all his heart...quite a sobering responsibility, heh?!?

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

I love all the pictures and it looks like you all had a great time celebrating Daniel's special day! Happy Birthday Daniel!!! :D