Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Well...the big news is...

We had our ultrasound today...and the good news is that they moved my due date up 5 days! So our new due date is Jan 28. And oh, yeah...they are about 85-90% sure that it's a GIRL!!! There was no evidence of "boy parts" but there was only slight evidence of "girl's parts" so that's why they are not sure...the umbilical cord got in the way several times...but they'll never say 100% sure either way. The best they'll ever say is 95%...so 85-90% is pretty good, in my book. The ultrasound tech said to go ahead and buy pink things, just keep the receipts! :-)

Dr. Ryan moved my due date because the baby is much bigger than average. My first ultrasound put me 5 days earlier so he went ahead and moved it since this ultrasound put me 5 days earlier as well. Even at the earlier due date, our baby is still 68th percentile, but this is no surprise since Daniel was 10 pounds 5 ounces and Hannah was 8pounds 11 ounces at two weeks early!

So all in all it's kind of anti-climactic...we kind of know, but not for sure! On the up side of having a big baby, the Ultrasound tech said I'd probably end up with another ultrasound to monitor the baby's size...perhaps we'll see more of our little one then!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that what you did with Hannah as well, and on the later ultrasound, it was OBVIOUS that it was a girl? (remember how when we put our ultrasound pictures side-by-side, it looked like an anatomy lesson?!) So you're right, big baby could work in your favor again! Maybe this way you can talk them into an earlier delivery, too. :-) Congratulations!
~Marsel

carissa said...

when did you find out today? I thought of you and listening for a shout of joy at 1pm.....I'm just going to call you. I think I'll bring you something PINK....

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am SO EXCITED for you!!!!!!!!!! Carissa told me you were pregnant and i could hardly believe it! I guess GOd wants you to have a 3rd! I hope you have another little girl! That's so exciting- boys are great too, though, i'm sure. I hope your pregnancy is going well. Do you like DR. Ryan? he was my DR. I like him a lot. we miss Norway but we are loving it down here in Milwaukee. I'm praying for you! Hope to talk to you soon, Keep in touch! Love ya, miss ya
Ruth

Tracy said...

Congratulations again! I love my two little girls -- of course I'm eager to meet my little boy now. Your halfway there!