Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The gorey details...

There's not that much to tell really, but here's the story...

We arrived at the hospital in Iron Mountain at 5:00 Thursday morning for our scheduled induction. We were admitted and situated, (all the stuff that goes with being induced) and my IV of pitocin began at 6:10. I wondered if it was a bad sign that the nurse tried twice to get my IV in my left hand (and by tried, I mean...tried--I have the bruises to prove it!) before she went and got another nurse who successfully was able to get it in my right hand (but not without difficulty!) Dr. Ryan came in and broke my water around 6:40. The nurse had said that the anesthesiologist was busy but would try to make it to my room in time to get me an epidural. There were 2 of us in labor wanting one. Suffice it to say that neither one of us got an epidural that day! Where in the world are we that a lady scheduled for an induction who has expressed a desire ahead of time for an epidural doesn't get one?!? I repsond very well to being induced and things progressed very quickly. I was fine without the epidural until the last half hour or so when it got really intense, really fast! I ended up pushing through 2 contractions and by 9:12, our little Sarah was out! For all the faults of our little po-dunk town, I do want to say that I had a great nurse who helped out in labor a ton, a wonderful doctor who did a great job and was very kind (much different than the "stupid Polish doctor man" I had in Chicago!) and best of all, an amazing husband who made it all bearable! I can not imagine giving birth without Brent at my side...and I do have to say...after this third and last pregnancy, I can not imagine giving birth again WITH Brent by my side!

We've fallen madly in love with out little Sarah...We couldn't believe we were starting all over again when we found out we were expecting, but now we cannot imagine life without her! Brent and I have both spent a great deal of time marvelling over the intricacies and details of God's creation...her little feet down to her baby toes are such an example of His handiwork! We are truly blessed to have such a beautiful family from the Lord! Sigh...

8 comments:

Sauers said...

Wow, such a cutie! That is quite a story, I bet Iron Mountain has the most unique birth stories of any hospital. I still don't know what happened when I had Haven. :) But, praise the Lord she's here and it went fast. Can't wait to see you guys if it works out next week!
Love,
Ruth

Jill King said...

Well, it sounds like you've got this delivery thing down to a science...are you sure a #4 is out of the question? Hope all is going well. Do you ever get a chance to hold her with Daniel and Hannah around? =)
Jill

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Congratulations. I was just going through Christmas card letters/pictures again remembering why I was saving them (updated addresses, e-mails, etc.) and found your blog address. So glad I did! I can't believe all that hair - and of course I love the name - Grace is my middle name, and also Reyna's! :)

Loraena Tuttle said...

Wow, so cute! Congratulations from both of us! =)

Jen said...

Congratulations, Griffin family! I was just praying for Debbie when I realized, I bet she's already given birth! So I checked the blog and sure enough. Praise the Lord! I'm glad you have this new little blessing.

carissa said...

yeah! She's growing so fast. What a precious girl. I hope you're adjusting fine. Do you have relatives this week? Let me know if you need anything....I gave Brent the exersaucer on Sunday. Take care and take naps :)

Natalie said...

What a wonderful story! :) I can't wait to see her!

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your little Sarah. She is so beautiful. Enjoy her, I am amazed at how quickly they grow.

I had hoped to stop in to see you and your little girl last week when we were up in WI, but we ran out of time, but I definately would like to see you when we come up in May for Graduation.