Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One of my new favorite verses...

I've been working on a Bible Study we're doing with our Ladies' Group soon...It started out as a study on Dorcas--she was a disciple and a servant to others. It's morphing into a study on Dorcas, Mary, and Martha--not sure how it's all going to come together quite yet, but I've got a couple of more weeks yet! I've been scouring commentaries and taking notes for a couple of days now. I've also gone back to Joanna Weaver's book, Having a Mary Spirit in a Martha World. This book is such a blessing to me (probably because I suffer from the Martha syndrome and spend way too much time in the kitchen and not enough in the Living Room with God!)

As I skimmed the book this morning, the Lord reminded me of a verse that is such an encouragement to me! As a mom, I struggle so much knowing what is the right thing to do with my children. As a wife, what things do I take to Brent or what do I figure out on my own. As a friend, what do I say to this lady who is hurting or needs help. What do I jump in and volunteer to do or what should I leave for someone else to do? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Isaiah 30: 21, "And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left." I don't need to stress about what to do! If I'm walking with the Lord, He's there telling me what to do and where to go! Decisons that need to be made? The Lord wants to help me, but I must make sure that I align myself with Him daily so that I can hear Him say, "This is the way, walk in it!" What a blessing this is to me!

On another note...Sarah's completley better today! Well...not completely, but I haven't even had to wipe her nose one time. Her fever's gone and she's hardly even sniffled. I'm wondering if this might be the fever that preceeds her bout of Fifth Disease that the other 2 had. There are 4 other kids in school that have it now. I guess I'll be looking for a rash to appear on Sarah's face soon--Fun times for sure!

No comments: